Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just starting out with Internet Marketing?

I remember how it was when I first started. It was such an overwhelming crush of information that I very quickly became totally lost and discouraged. It was bad.

Whatever you're doing, I've tried it or some variation of it in the past. I work hard and have a back-ground in advertising and promotion. Doesn't matter. Didn't help. I've probably tried what you are doing and it - Did. Not. Work. Your online business probably doesn't work because you can't get enough traffic to your site. That's it - end of story. That's the deal.

I really don't want to sound negative (I hate that), but since few people succeed when trying out Internet marketing, it's a safe guess that anyone new to the business and reading this is struggling. By the way, if you are enjoying success, then congratulations. You've got my admiration and respect. In fact, it's my hope that you will comment here as that is the point of this blog.

In the end, it's all about the traffic. You know that by now, right? Traffic is the HOLY GRAIL of online sales. It's the pot at the end of the internet rainbow. In this crazy business, you make money or you make no money. By the way, it has to be a lot of traffic and it has to be every day - some of it 'new eyes', but also repeat visitors.


Picture this: A man hunched over his computer, his butt never leaving his seat (hours on end, GLUED there), ignoring everyone, ignoring the world, cursing a lot, frantically 'surfing', reading e-mails, down-loading 'report' after 'report'. All of it on a never-ending learning curve that leads down one rabbit hole after another. (That was me)

Sound familiar, hmmm?

I'm betting it does since that's the story of virtually everyone who attempts to market anything online. Nothing works. Nothing. I was as frustrated (and humiliated) as everyone else. I admit it! I think that I came to fit the clinical definition of insane.

And then, I got some help.


In the end, that's what made the difference. I've come to believe that those who fail at online business do so for one or a combination of the following reasons:

A) They're too impatient. 30 days can seem like an ETERNITY to someone expecting instant results, and too many people have been conditioned to expect just that. Fast, easy money on the Internet doesn't exist.

B) They don't know what to do. If they knew what to do, they'd do it. But for lack of step-by-step instructions, they fail. They need sincere help without being 'sold' anything. They need it for FREE too. Really and truly free.

C) They're lazy and/or afraid - pretty much in that order.


I created this blog to show others what I've learned and how they can create the very same business that I have built. There's a subscription form to the right that will deliver a Free, 30-Day e-course on what I do, how I do it and the three programs that I use in combination to achieve it. What I share with you is honest and realistic. You might already be trying to bring new members into one or more of those three programs already. That's great, so much the better!

So if you have patience, and you're not lazy and afraid (smile), then it's information you're looking for. That's what I've got for you, so check it out and put your feedback on this blog!

~Rusty