Sunday, February 14, 2010

Internet Marketing Tips from Team OceanSwell - Part I

This is going to be the first in a series of tips, 'lessons' (if you want to call them that) and general advice on Internet Marketing. And I'm not just talking about the Team OceanSwell promotion system for TrafficWave. This applies to any and EVERYTHING that you promote online.

In this first piece, what I want to talk about is THE most important subject of all - and that is: PATIENCE

There is no single quality that is more important to success. You simply must grasp and understand that marketing anything online is a long-term project. If you cannot accept that, then abandon Internet Marketing altogether and do it today, because it will save you a lot of grief. I don't care what you've been told. I don't care what you believe. The truth is still the TRUTH.

Sadly, most people will not stick with an online marketing program for more than 60-90 days before giving up and trying something else. Repeated over and over again, this behavior pattern is a guaranteed recipe for eternal failure.

Take the Team OceanSwell Rotator, for example. Obviously, it takes longer than a month to go through it. In fact, it averages about 8-10 weeks. So WHAT? Once you pass through the Rotator, you get your money back (with a profit) in the form of Fast-Start bonuses - AND - you have a functioning downline with members who are using a duplicatable marketing system.

My God, if that's not worth waiting for, what is?

And yet, I still have people (angrily, in some cases!) insisting that 'it's just not good enough'. REALLY? So doing this on your own is faster than our Team system?

Mike Paetzhold is a man I respect and who's opinions I hold in high regard. I've never met the guy, but he's one of my mentors nonetheless and I've chatted with him online many times. Almost two years ago (when I was just getting started), he told me, "Rusty, the hardest thing you will ever do online is reach the point where you are consistently earning $200-$300 a month. But... after that... it's quite a bit easier to reach $1,000 and so on."

Then you know what he told me? "Give it a year, and you'll be OK."

And you what? He was right. It took me a year to really 'get' Internet Marketing. It took longer still for me to conceive and create Team OceanSwell so that anyone reading this can have online success in FAR less time than it took me.

So no matter what you are promoting online, I tell everybody the same thing:

Commit to a YEAR.

A year is a good benchmark for any online affiliate program and/or marketing system. Not only that, a lot of ads, links, articles, blog posts, etc. will STILL be getting click-throughs years after you put them online!

#######################################

Never, never, never quit! ~Winston Churchill

#######################################

Quitting too soon is so expensive and destructive. Not only have you wasted your money, but you've wasted your time. And if that's not enough, you've also destroyed future opportunity for sales and growth. Worse still, you've wasted the time of those who tried to help you. It's just a TRAIL of destruction and waste. It would have been better not to start at all.

This is 'Part I' in a series, but it's the most important part. Because if you don't approach Internet Marketing (and that includes Team OceanSwell) as a long-term project, then you don't need to read 'Part II'. You're already finished.