Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Internet Marketing Tips from Team OceanSwell - Part II

In my previous post, I wrote about the importance of approaching Team OceanSwell and any other Online venture as a long-term project. Today, I want to briefly start on the subject of Traffic Exchanges (TE's). But before I do, I want to revisit the earlier topic on more time. It's THAT important.

Team OceanSwell isn't the 'Guru Formula for Instant Riches' that everyone seems to think is out there somewhere. In my experience with the affiliate programs such as TrafficWave, the magic formula for long-term success boils down to two basic things:

1) Having a plan and a system that someone else can easily duplicate.

2) PATIENCE.

Yep, there's that word again. And do you know why? Because upon that word rests everything else. Sometimes in life, you just have to wait. It's like that in every business. Nothing happens overnight. Yes, I'm a broken record, but I'm going to say it AGAIN: Be reasonable and give yourself a year (that's right, a YEAR) before you decide that TrafficWave and Team OceanSwell aren't for you. And the same rule applies to anything else that you are doing online, so long as it's something decent.

At any rate, the subject of TE's is one that I can't cover in one letter. It would be too long. The first thing I would say about them is to go to a central source for links, reviews, advice and coaching. For me, that place is Affiliate Funnel. 100% FREE to join, Affiliate Funnel (AF) is an absolute MUST for beginners. It is many things, including an impressive array of marketing tools, weekly training seminars (live and on the web), a list-builder and a means to promote programs that you like, such as TrafficWave. It's also a 'tools store' of sorts, because all manner of systems and programs for online promotion are featured there. Do I use them all? Absolutely NOT. There are some that I just outright don't like or are duplicates of others.

In addition, signing up for a number of these can be a tedious process as you wade through OTO after OTO. Still, I have found Affiliate Funnel to be a great resource in a lot of different ways. In fact, the most important thing about AF has always been the Saturday webinars on topic such as how to use TE's properly, how to approach social networking, how to build a list, build a website or even create your own product. In short, just about every topic related to online business is routinely covered. Much of what I know today was gleaned from those webinars - especially my current approach to using Traffic Exchanges.

You and your referrals need to know these things. Getting set up with the components of AF that you choose to use can be a time-consuming process, so take your time with it. Remember, what we're doing is a long-term project rather than a race. Trying to do too much too fast will only result in headaches and the feeling of being overwhelmed. That's bad.

Speaking of overwhelmed, this is enough reading and writing for one blog post. We'll get deep into the subject of Traffic Exchanges in the next section...