Saturday, March 7, 2009

Online Advertising That Works

'Online advertising that works'

I'd say that's pretty much the pot at the end of the Internet rainbow, wouldn't you? But if you were to ask me what kind of Internet advertising really works, I'd have to answer with, "It depends."

What works for me might not work for you because of many different reasons. It also depends upon your product or service and, of course, who your target audience is. To be honest, the Internet isn't necessarily the best place to advertise every single thing because there's so much 'noise'. I advertise on the Internet a LOT and that's a good thing for you if you're in my TrafficWave matrix (http://www.trafficwave.net/members/rustyshelton) because it benefits my entire team. But I also promote off-line as well. Of course, that involves the dreaded word, 'work'. Handing out my card and/or leaving it behind everywhere is still quite effective.

You know what? I've actually been getting some results from advertising on a restaurant menu at a local Mexican food place. It's true. For $25 a month, my little ad is exposed to every patron who orders food there and that place is packed on the weekends. That's one of the secrets to being effective: advertise where no one else is.

What kind of advertising (online or off) works? The kind that involves energy and creativity from you. Promoting a good affiliate matrix like TrafficWave works because everyone else in your team is doing likewise. But the main thing is to be persistent and consistent. Make a plan and stick with it because some of your promotional efforts might not pay off for months.

TrafficWave offers a variety of online advertising tools that I use every day. If you're interested, you can try them FREE for 30 days. It's a good idea because that's how I got started: http://www.trafficwave.net/members/rustyshelton