Saturday, April 25, 2009

MLM Crybabies


People are pitiful.

There, I said it. It's the truth too. It just never ceases to amaze me - the whining, the bitching, the crying, the moaning, the clinging, the complaining and (most of all) the utter uselessness of otherwise normal, intelligent adults. I hear and see it all the time.

I've got a background in MLM that goes back to the mid-80's, so I've seen it all before. People who are just getting started now don't know how easy they've got it. It used to be a LOT more difficult. Minimum product orders, binaries, stair step break-aways, hotel/living room meetings, imploding companies, attorney generals shutting down your marketing plan and the list goes on. In fact, my mother and I built two very successfull MLM organizations in the 90's and we would both be millionaires today had those companies not collapsed out from under us (true story).

But then and now, the easiest thing in the world to do is start up an MLM company. The problem comes when the company starts experiencing EXPLOSIVE growth, people get greedy and/or the government gets involved. It's because of these reasons that we had and lost two potential fortunes. But I never cried about it. What I did do was put MLM aside for a decade and concentrate on other things. It's called life; often tough and seldom fair. But I've come back to it again and I've rediscovered something...

People ARE pitiful.

Everybody wants to be in control of their lives but nobody wants to do anything about it. Everybody wants to be rich but nobody wants to work and save. Everybody wants to 'know' what to do but nobody has time to learn and apply anything new. Everybody wants to start their own business but not if it costs them anything to do so.

I returned to MLM (via Internet Marketing in general) as something to do in between my medical imaging studies and hospital training. Like everybody, I had to go through the painful, time-consuming and expensive process of understanding online sales, online MLM's and Internet Marketing in general. That's what this blog is all about. But I can tell you for certain that this business is easier in the 21st century. The Internet makes it so. Still, people tell me it's 'too hard'. Good grief.

Take a company like Global Domains International (GDI): http://www.website.ws/rustylshelton

This is the perfect MLM for the new century. It is an extremely solid company with a sterling reputation. There are no boxes of vitamins to buy and stack in your garage. It costs $10.00 a month to stay a member - ten lousy, stupid bucks. That's it, ten bucks. It is incredibly easy to understand and sign-up for and the average person has never heard of it. Seriously, ask ten random people you know if they've ever heard of GDI. I even have a '30-Day Success System' (see: upper-right portion of this page) for anyone needing ideas and I even pay for my sign-ups' first 30 days. You can build a nice little GDI business by simply passing out business cards. It's not that difficult.

In short, it's everything that anyone would ever need in order to start a completely new business and change their lives. And you know what? Only a few will do it - very, very few. The reasons are always the same: 'I can't afford ten dollars', 'Everybody already knows about GDI', 'I don't know anyone who would be interested', 'I don't have the time', 'I don't get it', 'I'm just too tired after work', 'It's too complicated', 'Nah, that's not for me', 'I don't do MLM', etc , etc. And then there are the ones who join and start whining when they aren't rich after 30 days. It just never stops.

Crybabies. That's all they are and there's nothing that you and I can do about them. You can't hold everybodies' hand. I won't do it and neither should you. Forget 'em.

Look, the purpose of this long-winded post is to communicate two things:

1) Don't be a crybaby. Yes, Internet Marketing takes time, money and effort. Did you expect something else?

2) Get used to dealing with crybabies. Don't get discouraged when 19 out of 20 prospects/recruits are completely useless. That's just reality and it has nothing to do with you or the potential of your business. Just keep driving and move on.

In short, get into this business for the long haul or don't get into it at all. Either way, you be doing yourself a favor and potentially saving yourself a lot of tears.