Friday, March 19, 2010

Ego – The perfect iPhone App for the Account Executive


I’m in love with the latest app Ego , I’ve downloaded for my iPhone. I cannot tell you how many times I whip out my phone when I’m patiently waiting…red lights, bank lines, picking up takeout, grocery shopping, and the list goes on and on. I’m typically on my iPhone checking Facebook or iTunes for the latest and greatest.

With Ego, I now have the ability to get a snapshot of how my clients are doing using my phone. I do not have to visit multiple sites, logging in and out, to access the data. I’m now able to quickly view the number of visits to each of their websites (including daily, hourly, and monthly numbers), feed subscriptions totals and changes, and how many people are following each of my clients on Twitter.

The app currently provides statistics for Ember, Feedburner, Google Analytics, Mint, Squarespace, Twitter, and Vimeo. I would love to see Facebook, YouTube and FourSquare added to the list. It would also be great if they provided a deeper-dive into Google Analytics.

So the next time you see me picking up a pizza pie for the family know I’m also scanning my client’s analytics for the latest. How’s that for multi-tasking?