Friday, March 12, 2010

Twitter's 10 Billionth Tweet


Jack Dorsey, one of Twitter's co-founders, sent the first tweet on March 21, 2006. Twitter hit a 10 billionth milestone late Thursday March 4, 2010 when someone clicked the update button. I could think of a hundred cool tweets number 10,000,000,000 could have been but unfortunately it appears the ground-breaking tweet was posted by someone who had set their feed to be private by default.

I’m the type of person that needs to know what the tweet said. I’m not asking for much Jack just a 140 character answer. We all know what the 5 billionth tweet said, “Oh Lord,” written by Robin Sloan. Anybody want to take a guess at what the 10 billionth tweet said? I’m thinking it could have been “If she admits the dinner she made tastes bad, do NOT agree. It's a trick…”

I’m hoping the next milestone, 20 billionth tweet, is going to be a little more interesting. We only have to wait 188 more days to find out. I can see you’re impressed with my math skills - don’t be - I checked GigaTweet...